Vladimir Flak research
In November 2008, Vladimir Flak was contracted to do in country research on both the Macsurak and Bogacik families in Niedzica, Poland. The digital photos below are the result of that research. These are St. Bartholemew the Apostle Records.
The actual town of Nedec (Niedzica, Nedecz) is about 2 miles away from the Niedzica Castle up on the hill. Right near the castle are houses and a smaller town build around the castle. These housed the workers who generally worked for the castle. Most or all of the Macsurak, and Bogacik families were from this area, refered to in the documents as subarx, subrex, or sub-Nedec, meaning "under the castle". They were the workers and servants in the castle.
- Macsurak records
- Johan Macurak 1869 census
- Birth: Joannes Macsurak Jun 11 1833
- Birth: Maria Chovanecz Apr 17 1842 NOTE: this person has subsequently been determined to not be related to this family.
- Marriage: Macsurak-Chovanecz May 11 1865
- Birth: Jacobus Macsurak Jun 28 1866
- Birth: Josephus Macsurak Feb 8 1870
- Birth: Joannes Macsurak May 26 1872
- Birth: Maria Macsurak Aug 21 1875
- Birth: Michael Macsurak Dec 19 1877
- Birth: Adalbertus Macsurak Apr 7 1880
- Birth: Catharina and Eva Macsurak Oct 28 1882
- Birth: Bartholomeus Macsurak Aug 22 1885
- Birth: Stephanus Macsurak Jan 1 1889
- Bogacsik records
- Marriage: Bogacsik-Kalakay JAN 26 1881