This is a repository for documents that have been discovered regarding the Bogacik (Bogacsik) family history.
The Bogacik line is of interest because LuAnn's family members are the descendants of John (Bogacik) Macsurak (1894-1980). John was adopted (formally or not) by John (Jacobus) Macsurak and Agnes (Katakay) Bogacsik. John and his brother Andrew arrived together in the US in 1905, and their surnames on the ship manifest were Bogacik. Their natural mother Agnes, had arrived in the US earlier in 1902.
- Pittsburgh South Side neighborhood, 1916 map, plates 8 & 9 merged, annotated with family homes from gathered info
- Pittsburgh South Side neighborhood, 1872 map
- Pittsburgh South Side neighborhood, 1916 map
Bogacsik records from Vladomir Flak research
- Marriage: Bogacsik-Kalakay JAN 26 1881
Agnes Katakay Bogacik Machurick info
- Agnes Bogacaik immigration
- Note: This 1902 document shows Agnes Bogacik traveling with companions Jakub Maczurak and Maria Kurucz. All are headed to the Harkum Way area of Pittsburgh. Jakub is assumed to actually be John Macsurak as described here. Marie (Macsurak) Kurucz is the sister of John and Andrew Macsurak, and the wife of Ignatius Kurucz.
- Macsurak-Kalakay marriage certificate
- 1910 United States Federal Census Oconto, WI
- 1920 United States Federal Census Oconto, WI
- Agnes Katakay Machurick obituary